How You Can Help
Most, but not all, of the young parents we help are aged between 16 and 24; their children range in age from newborn to 5 years old. They have much in common: many come from troubled families; many of them have been victims of abuse and violence. But they also have many positive things in common: strength, courage, resilience, and the love they have for their children.
With the help of caring people like you, we can provide services and activities to nurture the healthy development of pregnant women, young parents and their children, who would otherwise be at risk.
Here Are Some Ways In Which You Can Help
Elizabeth House relies on monetary and material gifts or donations received from the public to supplement programs and initiatives.
- Renovations to Supervised and Transitional apartments (replace windows & doors and renovate kitchen & bathrooms)
- Therapy for clients
- Summer Day Camp
- Education Fund – to help defray costs of school for young mothers finishing high school or pursuing post secondary education
- Literacy Programs – building the love of reading and writing into the lives of babies and children; purchasing educational toys and tactile books for babies and toddlers
- Laptops – for client use to facilitate school work, job hunting and to promote digital literacy
- Specialized educational and support groups – includes materials, handouts, facilitator and in some cases childcare
- Scotiabank Charity Challenge 5k Run/Walk: (every April) – help with fundraising, donation to a team or participant. * For more information on our participation in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge please email us at email@example.com.
By making a monetary donation to the Elizabeth house Foundation, a registered charity, you can help provide the full range of services that young families need to succeed.
Monetary donations are accepted all year long and can be done 4 ways:
Online (credit card): via CanadaHelps.org
By Mail (cheque): Please make cheque payable to Elizabeth House Foundation and mail to:
The Elizabeth House Foundation
PO Box 23067 CP Vendome
Montréal QC H4A 3V4
Please ensure that your name, address and phone number are included on the cheque so that we can send you a tax receipt. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks to receive your receipt. Our Charitable Registration number is 894717222RR0001
In person: Cash or cheque donations may be given in person when special arrangements have been made. Please contact Christine Jagiello 514-482-2488 ext. # 222 if you would like to make your donation in person.
During Special Events*: cash, cheques and sometimes “electronic” donations may be made during certain Special events [i.e.: Open Houses, Anniversary galas, comedy nights, Scotiabank Charity Challenge 5k Run/Walk*
*Some upcoming Special Events are:
- Every April – Scotiabank Charity Challenge 5k Run/Walk – For more information on our participation in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge and details on how you can help and join in on the fun, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Elizabeth House and its young mothers & children are grateful for the material donations provided by members of the community. We couldn’t manage without your help and appreciate you keeping us in your hearts and minds… ♥ ”
Our needs for material donations vary throughout the year. Thank you for calling our team before dropping off items (514-482-2488 ext. 224).
Material Donations: What We Accept
We accept donations of clean and good-condition clothing for young women and children under 5. Thank you for washing and sorting your items by age.
We accept donations of of baby items such as high chairs, swings, bouncy chairs, car seats, strollers, exersaucers, breast pumps and baby carriers, in good condition and not expired.
Your donations of new articles, beauty products, cleaning products and gift cards for our clients are also much appreciated.
Material Donations: What We CANNOT Accept
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept donations of large items such as furniture (including cribs), mattresses and appliances, for lack of space.
Special /Miscellaneous Donations…
From time to time we accept special donations (i.e.: household and/or large appliances, and specialty items: laptops, electronics, etc…).
If you have a good or service you wish to donate that is not listed on our accepted items list or is special/large, please contact Elizabeth House by email email@example.com or call the Elizabeth House secretary at 514-482-2488 ext.0, and describe what you would like to donate and who we can contact for further information and/or to make arrangements.
* Please note that the Elizabeth House Foundation and Elizabeth House are not equipped with a van/truck for picking up donations, therefore donations must be delivered to Elizabeth House.
The best time for deliveries is Monday-Friday between 9:00 AM & 5:00 PM. For deliveries outside of these times, please contact us at 514-482-2488 ext.0, to make special arrangements.
Volunteers are an important part of our Foundation. Share your skills and experience, meet new people, and make a difference. If you would like get involved with the foundation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help by fundraising
Organize a fundraising event in your community, at your workplace or in your home. Contact us at email@example.com to discuss fundraising opportunities that could make an impact on two generations of young people.